Thursday, June 16, 2011

Port Flipped! Oh No!

Seriously, when it rains it pours in my life. As they say,  bad things come in threes--perhaps I am done now! I was at my docs office to get a fill and it was not the usual PA Kristin, since she was on maternity leave. So it was a CNP, named Jenni. I was begining to wonder if she knew what she was doing as she was struggling to get the needle in the port. It was starting to get a little uncomfortable and she was trying all sorts of methods. She finally came to the conclusion that my port had flipped, so off to flouroscopy we went and she confirmed that is what had happened. Damn! Only good thing was that they did manage to give me the fill after some manipulation of my port.

So now my surgeon's office is going to call me to schedule a port revision. Ugh! Has anyone had this happen to them? What can I expect? Help!

8 comments:

  1. Oh no! I am so sorry you are going through a hard time. I am going to keep you in my thoughts and prayers for a quick delivery and some good news on the job front!
    Hugs!
    Annie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry to hear that - hopefully that will be the end of your troubles. My husband has a band also and recently had a port revision (not because it was flipped, but it was placed in a weird area). Anyway, it is surgery again which is no fun, but he was in and out and didn't have too much pain. It's definitely much easier that LB surgery. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh geez that sucks! I hope the fix goes smoothly for you and it is the turning point for when all the good stuff starts coming in your direction again:) Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mine flipped and it was day surgery and out again to get it re-secured. The new stitches hurt a bit but nothing like the lapband surgery did. Best of all he left my fluid right where it was so there was no back tracking.

    Good luck with yours!!

    xxxooo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sorry to hear that! Hopefully this is the point where things start looking up again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to hear this, sending your good vibes and HUGS :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That stinks! My mom had it and it was in and out and she was good to go. Try not to worry too much, everything will be OK.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had a port replacement due to a leak. They did it in office under local, went through the original port incision. I had more pain at the port site then with original surgery... but so worth it to get back on track.

    Sorry to hear about the flip.

    ReplyDelete