Thursday, February 11, 2010

Eeek! Got Partially Stuck & Screening Results

Oh my, tonight I was eating too fast and I knew it. I was just about to slow down and then it hit, my first experience of getting stuck! That is a horrible feeling. But thank goodness it only lasted for a few minutes and then I was able to move things a bit. I can't imagine what it would be like if it lasted longer. I got the hiccups and my chest got tight, I started salivating like crazy and felt the need to puke/burp. Not fun. Reminder to self...slow down and chew! Let's not do that again.

In better news, I have the results from my health screening. So here's the breakdown, the first number is the current stat and the second number is what I had last year. (Weight loss is a bit different than my "official" blog numbers because my scale at home reads a bit less and I figure my weight loss on my high of 303 in June):

  • Weight: 263~296 (-33 pounds)
  • Cholesterol: 171~209 (-38 mg/dL)
  • Blood Pressure: 102/72~120/90
  • BMI: 42~47 (-5 units)
All in all, good numbers and definite improvements from a year ago. The only thing that didn't improve was my good cholesterol or HDL. Last year it was 39, this year it was 28. So my good cholesterol actually went down. Ideally it should be 50 or greater. Exercise should help bring that number up. So I still have some work to do. But so encouraging to see the improvements on paper.

1 comment: