Monday, February 6, 2012

Day One...This is War!

OK people, I had one last hurrah over the weekend: a house warming party with a plethora of snacks and 5 beers, cupcakes for my mom's birthday and a Super Bowl party. It may have been my worst calorie filled weekend in years.
This is day one! I cleaned out the cupboards and the fridge, purging the house of all suspect foods. I grocery shopped last night and replace the bad with the good...lean meat, fruit, cottage cheese, yogurt, etc. No more snacking. The candy jar is empty and has been removed from my desk at work. I had yogurt and fresh fruit for breakfast. I am planning to go walking at the Y over lunch and am going to try to drink at least 100 oz. of water today.

I know the formula...eat right, exercise, blog for accountability. Scale today reads 218. Time to get serious about this and help the scale move down instead of up. It isn't going to do it by itself, I need to make  real choices throughout the day that make the scale move. It may be slow and may seem like I am not making progress, but I have to be patient. One day at a time!

2 comments:

  1. Good for you !!! We'll do it together, OK? The only difference is that I am not going to get on the scale until Friday. I will explain why on my blog...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your refocus and plan! :) You can do it.

    ReplyDelete