Sunday, November 29, 2009

Feeling Overwhelmed

Tonight on TLC there are several shows about extreme obesity and the way food can be an addiction. It is hitting too close to home with me tonight. I am feeling tearful and just a little overwhelmed all the sudden. I think the reality of the coming weeks is really starting to sink in. I have a lot of fears about being able to change my habits and fight the addiction that food has become in my life. I know this is the right thing to do, but I don't trust my own instincts. Being heavy for so long has had a truly devastating effect on my psyche. I know I need to take a deep breath and keep things in perspective. It's all just a little bit scary--guess that's a good topic to discuss with my shrink this week. I am so glad I have someone to work through these issues with. I know that so much of this is a mental rather than physical fix. I just need to use all the tools at my disposal to make my own future.

No comments:

Post a Comment