Tuesday, May 11, 2010

BL Night

I love watching Biggest Loser, I am already getting emotional listening to their stories tonight. They are talking about staying on the journey of weight loss once they go home and start to learn how to live their own life. I think there are a lot of similarities with us lap banders, because we have to learn to live a whole new way. I don't know how many times I can reiterate this, but I am constantly amazed at how much of an emotional process this is. I never imagined how much garbage I had wrapped up in my head that was tied to my weight. So many choices in my life have been a product of my fat suit and to unravel them now is far more than just eating right. It is thinking right and living right. I am such a work in progress...and that's OK!

4 comments:

  1. Love BL! I cry when I watch this show it's so emotional

    ReplyDelete
  2. it is for sure an emotional process!
    I love BL! I've never missed one and I have never failed to cry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And that 2 hour Ruby where she and her friends go for 6 days of intense therapy to figure out what is making the hold they are trying to fill with food. Wow! Powerful... The emotional hunger is much harder to overcome than the physical hunger... But we're doing it, one day at a time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved the BL episode last night. I had stopped watching it the last few seasons but this season has been pretty good. I too felt the "there isn't a finish line" comment from one of the previous winners. It isn't just about losing weight but figuring out what will happen when we get there and not have weight to hide behind. I'm starting to let myself feel instead of eating to block the pain. Doing lots of crying and thinking but I know it has to happen for us to ever get there (and I don't mean the finish line).

    I'm also reading Geneen Roth's book-God, Women, Food and she makes some good points (I was a sceptic at first).

    ReplyDelete