Monday, March 29, 2010

Hello 50!

My scale gave me a wonderful present this morning! I was so happy to look down and see 253...I am officially down 50 pounds since I have started this little weight loss trek. It's been a long time since I have seen this weight and the thought of being in the 240's soon makes me giddy. For so long the scale only went one direction...UP and it is so nice to see it going down instead. The last time I was near the 250's was in 2006 when I managed to walk off 45 pounds, but the lowest I saw then (before I managed to gain ALL of that back and more) was 255. I feel like I have broken a little lifetime plateau here, and if I can get into the 240's that will really cement things.

I was doing an event at work this past Sunday and I was wearing my favorite new skinny jeans and I was so surprised to see myself in pictures. I hadn't really seen the progress I had made until I saw myself in relationship to other people's sizes. It's weird how it takes a while for your brain to catch up with the rest of you. (I tried to add the photo but blogger is being difficult today, so I will try to add it later.)

4 comments:

  1. Awesome! Congratulations that is excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!! You'll be the 240's soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way cool! I am very happy for you. You're an inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm giddy for you. Congrats-what a milestone.

    ReplyDelete