Tuesday, June 12, 2012

I Ate a Banana!!

I am so excited to say that I had a banana for breakfast this morning!!!! I am so confused about this lapband thing. It's like I have had an epiphany or something. So here's the thought: Tight = Good, right? Huge amounts of food can't be eaten therefore you will lose weight. Right? Wrong! I'm loose now and therefore have more food choices, like bananas for breakfast. I have the ability to eat fruit for breakfast, which I can't have when I am tight--I just can't tolerate it. Hmmm...wait a sec. Not as tight = more food choices. Seems to make sense. Aha, but here's the kicker...which food choices? Healthy ones like bananas or not so healthy choices? Alas, there lies the issue. With or without the band, I still have to make good food choices!

Here's where my thinking got flawed. I wasn't losing weight, so therefore I thought "I need a fill!" Tighter is better, was my mantra. But in reality what I needed to look at was what was I eating, how was my exercise, how was my attitude? I didn't need a fill, I needed to change my behavior. It feels so good to be able to have a wider variety of food choices right now since I am not very restricted. But that means I need to choose the right foods that fuel my body--not just stuff I can cram down for the first time in months.

Damn, you mean I can't just go on auto pilot because I have a band? Geez, I guess it took me 2 1/2 years to figure that out. Some of us are slow learners. LOL

3 comments:

  1. Your posts lately feel like they have come directly from my brain. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's crazy how a bunch of us seem to be dealing with the same issues.

    ReplyDelete