Friday, June 8, 2012

Lessons Learned on Being Too Tight

 I found a great article tonight explaining my current problem, an esophageal dilitation. This article clearly explains that it happens for two reasons--having an overinflated band and the wrong actions by the patient in their eating. I have learned a lot from this most recent episode.I know what signs and symptoms to look for now and I know that I need to listen to my band. Tighter is not better. Tight does not make you lose weight. Your actions with the help of your band are what helps you lose weight. Keep repeating that, over and over and over again.

This article talks about how to avoid some common Lapband complications.My surgeon was one of the referenced authors, so that makes me feel pretty good. It's some interesting reading for us banders.

http://www.freewebs.com/tj69band/11.H.Spivak.pdf

1 comment:

  1. Good reminder, CeeJay! I think we all forget sometimes.

    ReplyDelete