Sunday, November 28, 2010

I Survived Thanksgiving!

Well, I got through Thanksgiving without stuffing myself too much. In fact I came home tonight to happily find the scale at 214! That is getting wonderfully close to a 90 pound total loss for me pre-op and post-op--just gotta see 213. That's crazy. I used a salad plate at Thanksgiving dinner and it made me feel so happy. I did eat more than I usually would, but in comparison to previous years I ate just a smidge.

One of my family's holiday traditions is to make lefse, for those of you who don't know what that is, it is a traditional Norwegian flat bread of sorts. It's made from potatoes, and is sort of like a soft shell taco shell. Knowing how I can't tolerate soft shells anymore, I figured that my lefse eating days were behind me. I was right. I snitched the smallest little morsel and it hurt my band. So I just avoided them. That was killer, to give up a tradition from my whole life.

Speaking of things I had given up post surgery, one of my other ultimate favorites was popcorn. I would eat it by the truckload if I could. My family and I went to Harry Potter at the theater and I couldn't help but snitch some popcorn from my sister's bucket. I ate handful after handful and I waited for it to turn on me. I finally quit when it hurt just a little bit. It was so buttery and delicious. That was the most I have eaten since surgery. So I cheated a little and tried a few potentially troublesome foods, but in the end I think I did pretty good over the weekend and the scale is showing a loss for the month if I can just hang onto it for another day or two. If I can make 214 stick, that is a two pound loss for November and I will shout from the rooftops, 'cause I didn't think I would have a loss this month. Keep your fingers crossed!

2 comments:

  1. Hooray for the fill working...and I've got my toes crossed that 213 will arrive before Dec.! Love that body gallery site, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you've managed to turn it around for yourself! Great job!

    ReplyDelete