Wednesday, November 24, 2010

What Real Women Look Like

I was looking on the internet tonight searching for images of what a size 18 woman looks like. I have been having some moments lately where I just don't believe what I look like. For instance seeing my reflection in a window as I walk by. I feel like my legs are a mile long some days, but I just don't know what a size 18, 5 foot 6 body looks like and I don't trust my own judgement. I found this really cool website at My Body Gallery. You can look up random pictures of different REAL people and see what a typical body might look at a particular weight. It really gives you some perspective and also you can look ahead to a goal weight to imagine what that might look like. Too skinny, too fat, just right? Very cool. Helps give you some perspective.

5 comments:

  1. Very interesting site. I saw one chick that is the same weight/height as me, yet can wear size 12 pants, others are the same weight/height but size 20 pants. I'm currently 14/16. Thanks for that site.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny, right? It can vary so much! I'm 5'6 though -- here is a link to me at various sizes -- not sure if you saw it already. http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_Fq2nhVmdMSM/TFAmbF4j9TI/AAAAAAAABf0/-dhvvUQckls/s1600/ComparisonJuly2010.png

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am in between 160 and 170...i looked at both but there are soo many different sizes of people. The 170 and size 10 only had one but 160 and size 10 had 16 pictures of all kinds of body types.

    kinda weird and still doesn't make me trust my view of myself in the mirror :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very interesting site! I might have to submit some photos if I can find some full body shots. I love user-submitted projects like this. :D

    ReplyDelete