Monday, November 15, 2010

My Steamy Love Affair

I am feeling so stressed at work today I decided the only thing that would make me feel better was to crack open a cold, frosty, delicious, carbonated, sweet, caffeinated, nectar of the Gods which has not crossed my lips in nearly a year...oh my dear friend Mountain Dew, I have missed you so. You and I were once like lovers. I don't care if I hurt all day from drinking you. I will savor every sweet drop all the way to the bottom of the can. I will drink you full strength...forget that diet sorry excuse for a substitute. Oh how I have longed to touch your glistening can...yes, gulp...oh yes...yes, give it to me! Oh the ecstasy! Ahhhhhhhhhh......the sweet release. Whew, sorry that almost got a little X-Rated!

Ever have one of those days? I hate my job right now, I am being pulled in 10 different directions. Stress is a bad thing, as I tend to want to drown my sorrows in calories. Isn't that what many of us were famous for? Don't deal with your emotions, just eat until your problems disappear. I haven't felt this stressed in a long time. I need a vacation and I need to survive this week--that's going to be tough. Excuse me now while I go guzzle my Mountain Dew.

1 comment:

  1. Yum! I so miss Mt. Dew. I like mine really cold, no ice. I hope that you have enjoyed your nectar of the gods!

    ReplyDelete