Sunday, October 10, 2010

Don't Underestimate Your Abilities

Today I decided to challenge myself to walk the entire length of the river trail near my house. All together it is 4.6 miles. Several times along the way I nearly talked myself out of it, whining in my head...I'm tired, my legs hurt, this is too long...etc. But in the end I went the whole way! Woohoo! I wonder how many other times in my life did I let my mind convince me I wasn't strong enough to do something and let myself give up? Had a great walk and I didn't die! I will walk just a little more today and then I will be able to add a full 5 miles to my countdown ticker for the day.

3 comments:

  1. Congrats! I used to talk myself out of stuff like that all the time!! I have since overcome some of them. I once read a bike rider who said the key is to go 1/2 as far as you want to away from home and never do laps. That way the only way you can get back home is to finish. I have tried his method and it works pretty well.

    Good look with the continued walking!!

    xxxooo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great thought Tina...at some point you have to walk your ass back lol.

    ReplyDelete