Monday, December 20, 2010

Snow Shoveling Workout

Well, I didn't make it to the gym today but boy did I ever get a workout. I didn't get home until 10:00 PM tonight and knew that I had some shoveling to do. We got several inches of snow today and while I was gone to work the plows left a lovely 1 foot ridge of hard packed snow at the end of my driveway. So I spent an hour shoveling snow tonight. Neighbors probably thought I was crazy for shoveling so late. But I couldn't get my car in the driveway until I cleared things out. I didn't think I was ever going to get done. Now I am cold and worn out. But the calorie counter say that one hour of shoveling snow for a person of my weight is worth 608 calories, that rocks! I am going to feel it tomorrow.

I had dart league tonight and we had a Christmas potluck, wow is it hard to not overdo. Everything was so yummy. I ate a little too much and my band hurt all night, that'll show me! But it was all those wonderful dips and appetizers and meat and cheese trays, all the wonderful stuff you only eat a few times a year. Overall, my plate was pretty sparse compared to previous years, but for my new little stomach, I overdid it just a wee bit. All told, I think my calories for the day were on target and the shoveling will help a lot.

1 comment: