Friday, April 13, 2012

Irritated Band or Too Tight?

Ah yes, that is the question...have I just irritated my band with the last few days of difficult eating or am I too tight? Tonight for supper I only managed to get about a 1/2 cup of cheesy green beans. I was also going to have some ham salad, but after a bite I realized that, that would be a losing battle. I think I have irritated my band and perhaps a day or two of liquids would do me some good. Then I would know whether it was too tight or just irritation. This re-learning how to live with a band is a little fickle. I kept saying I would try just liquids, the last day or so, but didn't follow my own advice. I guess I better really mean it. So for the rest of tonight and all of Saturday I vow to only have liquids! Gotta get my band in a happy place again.

2 comments:

  1. Can I share with you that some days I can only tolerate yogurt and soup or protein shakes. If I hav a stuck episode I know that will be the drill for a few days I have adapted to this method and it seems to work for me. But you may very well be too tight. So continue to monitor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the hint Barbara--I have forgotten how to behave with my band and I need to just relearn the signs. It's like being a new patient again, reminds me a lot of post-surgery, where I had to experiment and figure out what does and doesn't work. Nice to know I am not the only one who deals with fluctuations! :)

    ReplyDelete