Friday, April 27, 2012

I've Got the Gurgles

You know your banded when you get the gurgles. Today, I am like a noisy factory churning away on digesting my food. I was having an afternoon smoothie and I think I could hear every spoonful go down one at a time. Quite embarrassing, thankfully I don't share an office with anyone. LOL.

Lunch was slightly better today. I am learning to listen to that soft stop sensation, knowing that pushing any more food down my throat will only result in misery. It was pretty slim pickins for calories though, so I supplemented today's lunch with the fruit smoothie. Other wise all I managed to get down was a 1/2 cup of cottage cheese, about 3 thin slices of deli meat and 5 reduced fat club crackers. That's only about 220 calories for the meal before I had to call it quits. So I threw in the smoothie for good measure. I make it with a frozen fruit mix of peaches, strawberries, mango and pineapple with some yogurt and a splash a apple juice. Yummo, and it helps me get my fruit intake which was nearly non-existent before I got the idea of making smoothies from my PA.

Scale gave me 218 today. I sure hope I see 217 soon. Next week may be a little challenge as I am at a work conference which means extra calories through endless buffets and breaks and some liquid calories with my after hours entertainment. So I will have to try to behave.

1 comment: