Thursday, December 31, 2009

Goodbye Soup...Hello Mushies!

I officially begin Phase 2 today of my post-op diet today! As the Soup Nazi would say...no soup for you! I am done with soup for a while, except for after fills of course. Today for lunch I had some ham salad and cottage cheese, it was delicious! It was so nice to be able to chew again. Eating without liquids is a bit of a challenge, as I am so used to swigging liquids that it is hard not to do it. Just another habit to break.

I am also unsure about eating enough but not too much. My dietitian talked about eating until you are full and then stopping. I have yet to know what full, but not too full feels like. I have also been tracking my calories, and I think I am in the right ball park around 1200 calories per day. But my dietitian also said that eventually the goal is to not track calories, instead you are better off listening to the clues your body gives you. So I am still trying to figure all this out. I am so afraid of having too much that I might be having too little. It's a fine line between the two. Tonight I am going to try some scrambled eggs and I am so looking forward to some new choices for the next two weeks before transitioning to Phase 3, solid foods!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Cheryl, my Doctor said that I should stop when I feel satisfied, not full. Then by the time the signals I receive from the stomach kicks in, I am almost full.

    I find this to be true. If I stop myself when I am satisfied, then by the time we finish our meal, talking, etc & get up to start moving around, I actually feel full, but not overstuffed!!

    I know that it is a hard thing to understand, but just stop when you feel satisfied, then a bit later if you are hungry again, eat a little more. This way you don't over eat & stretch the stomach pouch out!

    Sorry this explanation went on & on.

    Have a great New Year's!

    ReplyDelete