Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Lots of Heavy Breathing

I had one of my first pre-op tests today at my local clinic. I had to do a pulmonary function test, so I had to do lots of heavy breathing, lol. On Thursday I have x-rays, blood work and and EKG and I have an appointment with my PCP, Dr. Marciano. Getting all my ducks in a row, hope everything comes back OK, so there are no delays in my surgery date. I think they should all be fine.

I am surviving my liquid diet. It's a bit challenging and it's hard to feel satisfied. But I think that a lot of it is head hunger rather than real hunger. Of course everything I see makes me hungry. For instance, this afternoon at break there will be popcorn--one of my favorite foods in the whole world. And I will just need to sit there and drool. Those are the toughest parts of this, but I just need to remember the big picture and why I am making these sacrifices now for big rewards later. Patience!

No comments:

Post a Comment