Sunday, December 20, 2009

Medication Side Effect

I think I figured out the whole restless feeling. I looked up the common side effects of one of the medications I have been taking the last few days, called metoclopramide or Reglan. It's prescribed to stimulate your bowel, but apparently several of the side effects include restless leg type symptoms, irritability restlessness and anxiousness. I think I may not finish the last two pills that I was supposed to take today. I just hate that feeling. Hope that will help things, if not I suppose I will have to figure out what else may cause it. I literally can't sit still for more than 15-20 minutes. Hope that feeling goes away soon.

Also found a recommendation on the Mayo Clinic website about not using metoclopramide in conjunction with one of my other medications, escitalopram. I think perhaps these two were working together to give me that crazy feeling of not being able to sit still.

1 comment: