Thursday, December 31, 2009

Shoulder Pain?

Anybody else had this phenomenon of shoulder pain. I have been reading several lapband resources that say it is rather common and has to do with referred pain from the phrenic nerve by the diaphragm. Anyway, I am feeling quite a bit of pain today and meds don't seem to help much. From what I read it's pretty normal. Anybody else dealt with this?

I should clarify...this isn't the post-op pain from the gas used during surgery, this happens when I eat. Did I eat too much?

2 comments:

  1. Ahh yes! I remember that shoulder pain very well! Pain meds don't help much with it because it is caused by gas. I used extra strength gasx, which gave me some relief. I felt it through the end of my 3rd week post-op. It was the worst part of my banding. More so than my incisions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah Ceejay, actually I have been wondering the same thing. I've just been banded a little over a month and past the post-op shoulder pain. I am still learning how to know when I've had enough/too much to eat and I find when I push the envelope and eat a little bit too much....my shoulder hurts. Interesting, I'll have to look into that. It goes away after a while but it's directly related to the quantity of food that I eat.

    ReplyDelete